Key Changes in 6.0 SP3 - For Everyone
Key Changes in 6.0 SP3 - For Developers
Issues Fixed - Platform
- POTH - Localisation issue in locales where point is not the decimal separator.
- Installer will now cope with the rare cases where Windows installations have non-canonical registry ACLs.
Issues Fixed - Developers
Known Limitations - Developers
- The components in the Astrometry.NOVAS namespace are fully usable from .NET languages but are not fully
accessible through COM from scripting languages because a number of parameters are passed by reference or use
structures that do not pass across the COM interface. Three workrounds have been established:
- Recommended - Use the Transform component in the ASCOM.Astrometry.Transform namespace, it is fully COM compatible.
- Recommended - Use the NOVASCOM components in the Astrometry.NOVASCOM namespace, they are also fully COM compatible.
- Create your own COM presentation component that encapsulates the NOVAS 3.1 functions that you require and presents them in a COM compatible fashion to suit your needs. This component can them be consumed by your scripting application.
Breaking Changes (For Developers)